Saturday, February 13, 2010

Who do you think YOU are?

*** After some brotherly advice, I am redrafting this post ***

I have recently had my professional ethics questioned for a status I entered on my personal FB page. The status was:

"Feeling Knotty? Get a massage!"

First, I would like to reiterate that the status was entered on my PERSONAL PAGE. I did not use this line on a professional website designed for public attraction. Although had I done so, and I may still in the future, I am perfectly comfortable with this catch phrase.

Second, I would like to mention that this was originally printed on T-shirts sold in the school I attend which is an active member of the ABMP. If they consider it appropriate, then I am not going to argue.

Third, I am not going to let another person's judgement ruin my day. It is an unecessary stress factor that I will not permit in my life. I will just Blog it right out of my system. Which brings me to edit the first draft of this post. I let my anger rule my words, and I don't want anyone to think I will use this platform for vindictive rants.

Is this better, Ross? I hope so. Because while I agree with what you said, I still think it is an interesting topic. Who are we to judge others? It is none of my business what others say or do. How they act in public or private. I can only control my own actions, and as long as I am comfortable within my own boundaries, who are you (John/Jane Doe) to try and shame me into thinking, feeling or acting in a way that you deem proper? Unless you cross a personal line with me, I do not consider myself entitled to admonish your behavior. I wish other people felt the same way.

With that being said, I must remind anyone who reads this that I may be blunt in my blogs. And if I am out of line, call me on it. Ross did, and he was right. **Thanks little brother 8v)**

" Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam [is] in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Matthew 7:1-5

No comments:

Post a Comment