Saturday, February 20, 2010

Friendship!

" What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies."
~~ Aristotle

Isn't it amazing how we can be seperated from a friend for a long time and pick up where we left off. I was wondering what to write about tonight, sitting at the computer and drawing a blank when it happened. I received a call from someone I cared about very much yet hadn't heard from in more than 20 years and I knew; Today my inspiration is FRIENDSHIP.

"Don't be dismayed by good-byes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends."
~~Richard Bach

I have never been one to run with the social media crowd. I am quite the technophobe. But since I have been a member on Facebook, I am blessed to reunite with many people who were guiding forces within my young adult years. I still get nervous sending friend requests. Will they remember me? Why did our relationship grow apart? Was it amicable? All noteworthy mutterings within my mind. And as I have killed off a good portion of brain cells by this day and age, very necessary. I have noticed that although some memories are faded, the emotions are strong and alive and can cause my heart to beat rapidly or my demeanor to cool. So tonight when I heard that voice and that laugh, it was like a flashback to good times and memories.

"I cannot even imagine where I would be today were it not for that handful of friends who have given me a heart full of joy. Let's face it, friends make life a lot more fun."
~~Charles R. Swindoll

Friends truly are the supporting beams in life. They are the frame around which our lives are structured. They provide moral foundations and insulated walls where we keep our precious moments safe and sound. It is hard for me not to feel giddy at the thought of rekindling a relationship that is comfortable, fun and easy. It never grows old, meeting the past with the knowledge of today.

So, here is a shout out to all the rekindled friendships I have found through Facebook. I thank you all for remaining the wonderful kids you were and the fantastic adults you have become.

"A good writer possesses not only his own spirit but also the spirit of his friends."
~~Friedrich Nietzsche

No comments:

Post a Comment