Monday, March 8, 2010

Grab Your Piece of Freedom.




Scott Weaver knows whats up, So he decided to lay it down. His current status on Facebook reads:

" woke up this morning and saw that it was raining and decided Gillian and he should skip work and school to just hang out around the house and listen to it rain...it's a great day!!!"


Smart smart man, Scott Weaver.

In my life-long pursuit of stress-free days, I am thinking this is the best proclamation ever written. Why not take a day off to listen to the rain? Why is it we only take time off when its for stressful obligations? I don't want a life where I only have time for work, school, appointments, or errands. That gives me stress just thinking of it. Yet that is how our society functions. People get pissed when you are not at your desk or theirs doing some mind-numbing, predictable, repetitive action every working day. Well, I say SCREW THAT.

I feel I am entitled to one whole day in a month in the middle of the week for activities that I normally have to squeeze time in order to accomplish. After all, the majority of us work Monday thru Friday (or even Saturday) and what little time on the weekend that isn't chewed up by familial obligations or chores is usually spent rushed or forgotten all together. That SUCKS. So, what is one little day? Why can't I steal a Wednesday for myself. I know exactly what I would do. Gym, Sauna, Whirlpool, Massage, Breakfast, Mani/Pedi, Movie, shopping at a local Half Price Books (love that place Woot!) and then I would get spontaneous.... see, if I can plan it out SO CAN YOU!

Or don't plan a thing, be Scott, and just wake up and concentrate on the rain.


No comments:

Post a Comment