Saturday, March 6, 2010

Dark Star Orchestra

Unbelievable. Amazing. Spectacular. Excellent. Fantastic. The list can go on and on....

I consider my self truly lucky to have been a part of the Grateful Dead world-wide fan base. An active member, some of my best memories are travelling to the shows, meeting and greeting people from all over the USA and communing with people who not only enjoyed the music but shared the love and respect that was created because of the experience in and of itself.

excerpt from Wikipedia said the following:

Many of the Dead Heads would go on tour with the band. As a group, the Dead Heads were considered very mellow. "I'd rather work nine Grateful Dead concerts than one Oregon football game," Police Det. Rick Raynor said. "They don't get belligerent like they do at the games."

Like a band of Gypsies we rolled on toward the horizon after each show always looking forward to the next shake down, the next concert, the next camp.... I will never forget the  night I heard it, August 9th 1995, our Beloved Jerry gone.... R.I.P. 

Thanks Jerry, for sending me Dark Star Orchestra! They are keeping you alive!




Dark Star Orchestra plays The Dead like composers play Bach or Beethoven. They are the closest thing I have heard to The Dead in my experience. Listen for yourself...



Not bad. Not bad at all. Am I Right?
or am i left?




We love you Jerry!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment